Create a Classroom Website
You do not have to be an expert web designer to create a class website. There are many free and low cost sites on the web that allow you to create a website for your class. If you want more control over your design, software such as FrontPage, Dreamweaver and IWeb are easy to learn programs that will help you to create a more dynamic website.
10 Things to Remember
1) Check out other teachers' sites to get some ideas.
2) Make a list of the features you want on your site.
3) Plan out your site on paper.
4) Decide which website or type of software you will use.
5) Keep the design simple
6) Choose a hosting company and decide on a website name.
7) Edit your website before publishing it to the web.
8) Inform parents and students about the site and its features.
9) Do not publish any photos or last names of students.
10) Update the site regularly to give people a reason to visit.
A class website can help you communicate better with your students and their parents. Do not try to do everything at once. Begin by adding simple features, such as homework information, a class calendar, links to useful websites. Once you get your site up and running you could add more advanced features, such as a daily blog, an audio cast, a classroom trivia games and notes. The key is to start simple and build on to your website little by little and in a few years you will have an amazing classroom website.