Valentine’s Day Gifts For Kids – Sharing the Love
Valentine’s Day is not just a day for lovers. You can spend time with your kids or get them gifts on this special day. This is a holiday that is now celebrated to show others that you care about them. Some ideas on Valentine’s Day gifts for kids include the following:
- A Family Dinner Out. There are theme restaurants that cater to children as well as pizza places where there are games to play. Depending on the age, you could go to places like Chuck E. Cheese or Dave & Busters. Even taking the kids to the local hamburger joint can be a treat if it’s not something you do normally. Kids love to eat out and if there’s a game room or activities involved, that’s even more special for them.
- Hand-Made Coupons. Give your kids a bunch of coupons that you make yourself on the computer. Coupons for skipping a bath one night (which most little kids will love) or saying up a half hour later – all of these are easy to make on the computer and can make great Valentine’s gifts for kids. Who knows? You might even be able to stretch this even further and make it a year-round option to reinforce good behavior!
- A Basket of Goodies. You can get small baskets at craft or discount stores and fill them with all sorts of little inexpensive treats to show your children how much you love them. Most of the stores have little novelties for children that can be incorporated into their baskets.
Older children, such as teenagers and pre-teens may want to put away childish things and get something a little more grown up. Here are some good Valentine’s Day gifts for kids who are a bit older:
- Gifts for Girls. Young girls, especially in the tween set, love the magazines that show their favorite teen idols on the cover. These magazines can usually be picked up cheaply and will be guaranteed to thrill the tween on your list. Girls at this age are gravitating towards make-up and jewelry, so if you’re game, a small starter set of good quality make-up or a nice piece of jewelry such as a bracelet would thrill any young lady.
- Gifts for Boys. Young boys will enjoy comic books or action figures based on their favorite characters. Young boys still enjoy reading about superheroes and reading comic books. You can go to your local comic book store and get your young boy a bunch of comic books rather cheaply. To really juice up the gift, a matching action figure would make any boy’s day.
- A Shopping Spree at the Mall. This can be for both young men and women who are teenagers. If you try to buy them clothing, they may not like it and the same goes for music. You can also get them gift certificates for Best Buy and other electronics stores where they can get all of the latest music and DVDs. While some people balk at the idea of getting gift certificates for people as gifts, they can be the best answer when dealing with teenagers, who can be very difficult to please.
- Gift Certificates. Gift certificates to the movies are a great way to surprise your teen this Valentine’s Day. You can also get them a gift card for their favorite fast food place or even Starbucks. There are dozens of different ideas on how to please a teenager during this holiday. Cash is also a much coveted gift by most young people. Just be sure to put it in a nice card that tells them how much you love them.
You do not have to spend a lot of money on your Valentine’s Day gifts for kids. This is a low key holiday when it comes to buying kids presents. However, it is nice to show your children that you are thinking of them on this day which is dedicated to love.