E-Mail Marketing – Tips For Do's and Don'ts
What is e-mail marketing?
Email marketing is the marketing through the use of e-mail. The use of email in marketing communications is known as email-marketing. Email marketing is the easiest, most convenient and efficient way to market your company, your products, and your services.
It's used to:
• Send direct promotional emails in order to acquire new customers.
• Send emails to enhance the customer relationship
• And to place the advertisements about the business.
It is popular because:
• Sending email is very much cheap means of communication.
• With the help of e-mail you can deliver the message to the people.
• It provides effective results in short span of time.
Things to do in e-mail marketing:
1) Use an opt-in form (The request form to put on a mailing list)
Getting the email address may be an easy task but the thing that must be considered is that you are having permission rights to start sending them the information. Customers are kings, so it will not be a good idea to upset them by sending unnecessary mails. And in some countries there are laws regarding sending unnecessary mails to people. Opt-I form can provide you with breaking the law.
2) Just Selling is not enough
Provide valuable information to your customers, and it should not like that the emails should be totally ignored by the readers. Try to gain the trust factor of your readers, and if you gain that then surely your sales will go high. By doing sales only, you might be ignored by the readers.
3) Create user-friendly emails
It is not necessary that everyone can go through the HTML mail. It would be better that you create a word version also for your email. By doing this the users who read only the text versions can get your full message without losing your style.
4) Put important links more than once
Put your link in various place so that the readers can see to it. When you have a link that you want your readers to see, do not just put it once. Put it down two or more times. By doing this your readers will see the link and might even visit that.
5) Try using an email messaging tool
Try using an email message tool . This will save you time and effort.
Things to avoid in e-mail marketing:
1.) Say No to CSS
Do not make use of CSS. Try to do all of the text formatting inline. Some ISPs strip out CSS code within emails.
2.) No Scripting Language
3.) Make use of strong tag
Use strong tag instead of "b". As the "b" tag is mostly used by spammers. The filters ignore it.
4.) Avoid TBODY
Several ISPs consider the TBODY tag as a Spam. So, try to avoid the usage of TBODY tag.