How to Draw a Jumbo Jet
Jumbo jet is a wide-body aircraft, named after the famous elephant Jumbo. It is usually referred to as the Boeing 747.
To draw a jumbo jet we require:
• Canvas or paper
• Colors and paint brush(optional)
Drawing a jumbo jet:
• Outline: We shall first draw the plane lightly and roughly so that the unwanted lines can be easily erased later. Today, we will sketch an aircraft facing left and flying in the sky in a systematic manner.
• Body: For the body of the plane, draw an elongated carrot shape horizontally, such that the broader end of the structure is on our left. The size of this oval will be according to the size of the plane you wish to draw. Draw a wide angled cone with its vertex to the left on the broader end, representing the nose of the plane.
• Wings: Draw two trapeziums on the either side of the body such that the shorter of the two parallel sides form the outer edge of the wings of the plane. The wing towards our end should be drawn from the center of the plane’s body, whereas the one away from us will start from the upper outline of the structure.
• Engines: As our plane is facing left, only the engine of the wing closer to us would be visible. Draw a cylinder under it and towards the forward section to represent the engine. From the center of the circle of the cylinder, draw numerous straight lines towards the circumference of this circle.
• Tail: Draw another vertical trapezium of a size smaller than the wings with the broader of the two parallel sides at the center of the body and shorter side pointing upwards.
• Cockpit and the Windows: Draw a rectangle on the upper portion and within the conical nose. This is the cockpit of the plane. Small miniature squares may be drawn on the center of the body along its length indicating the windows.
• Shading: Clouds may be drawn around the plane to make it look afloat in the sky. For clouds, sketch round wavy curls of different sizes. Erase the unwanted lines and darken the remaining with the pencil. Shading and coloring the drawing will complete the picture.