Next-Level Marketing With Business Cards
Merely walking around with a few business cards in your pocket is not going to get you the number of leads you needly want. It will more likely be worth it to your business to take a thousand cards and strategically placing them – in the right place or with the right people.
Here follows a number of easy tips to improve this section of your marketing mix. Keep in mind that these may be adjusted to suit your target demographic better or even to work with your product or service. A crucial part is to know your business and your target market and to keep thinking beyond the obvious.
Simple Tips for Effective Business Card Marketing
1. Get permission to leave your business cards at local restaurants' welcome desks. In some cases – you might have to pay for this.
2. Locate local businesses that have products or services related to yours and place your calling cards at their counters.
3. Bulletin boards on college campuses or community centers are a great heights to pin up these handy little numbers, and it's usually free.
4. Produce your own viral image or video and feature your business card in it.
5. Leave them in post boxes or local houses' doors.
6. Hand them out on various local campuses by a few students, for a little remuneration.
7. Negotiate with hotels to place your cards in their guests' rooms.
8. Make use of a mailing list comprised of your target audience and send one along with other forms of direct mail.
9. Take advantage of areas with much traffic and pay people to hand them out on your behalf.
10. Ask your friends and family to keep a few business cards with them, in case they can give them to a prospective client.
11. Network and swap business cards with local business owners.
12. Offer a finder's fee to people that hand out cards for you that results in a deal.
13. When doing the handing out – give more than one. Having copies makes it possible for recipients to dish your contact details out to other interested parties.
14. Consider a print design that look like miniature greeting cards.
15. Offer discounts via promotional codes attached to cards.
16. Form your own 'street team' to do hand-outs to people together with promotional items or hampers.
17. Leave a bunch of business cards in areas where people queue in your place of business. Some of the most likely individuals to be tempted take a business card are those who are currently using your products or services and wish to see what else you have to offer.
18. Use one as a notepad, when you are making a note for someone else.
19. Ask cab companies or drivers to keep a stack somewhere visible or reachable in their vehicles.
20. Attach your cards to your invoices and estimates etc that you send out.
21. Ask community groups that hand out welcome packs to new members to include your cards.
22. Find out if any of your local estate agents have a list of recommended or local services that they give to clients and ask to be added to the list, as well as giving them enough stock to hand out to their clients.
23. Use a digital version and upload it to design galleries, for example, CardObserver.
24. Upload your digital business card to online classifieds, such as Gumtree or the like.
25. Print standard or personal business cards for all your employees. As an added extra -it can improve employee confidence and team spirit.
26. Place a one in all your product shipping parcels.
27. Go to, network and hand out your calling cards at local or community events.
28. Negotiate with shopping centers and get permission to leave your cards on vehicle windows. Make sure to find out beforehand that it's not illegal in your city.
29. Join forces with estate agents and get them to give new / prospective homeowners your card.
30. Make sure you partner with a reputable and efficient printing company to print your business cards .
I hope these quick tips have inspired you and that you're ready to start your marketing campaign.